Accuracy, real-time delivery and communication costs of tracking are critical when deciding on a Telematics solution. Falcon is built with the highest level of sophistication that is seamless and transparent to the user.
- Embedded Street level maps - The detailed maps, located on the Falcon device provide quicker retrieval and map matching capability, increasing accuracy and efficiency and optimizing communications costs
- Flexible Geo-fence - To improve safety and security of vehicles, accurate geo-fence boundaries of any shape or route can be set up with alerts on defined business rules
- Trip information - Detailed trip data can be collected and reported giving information on trip time, route taken, stop time, idle time, drive time, events such as accidents and device or vehicle tampering
Achieving the perfect balance between features and costs is a challenge that ultimately forces the customer to compromise on quality. The Falcon device was designed to bridge this gap.
- Automotive-Certified design and build quality –Falcon operates in any extreme climate and road conditions
- Intelligent Power Management – Adapting to the vehicle when stationary or moving, the Falcon consumes less power switching between sleep mode and active mode as required
- Award winning low power high end processor – With this powerful processor the Falcon easily performs its core functions and caters to any additional uses seamlessly
- CAN Bus interface – The Falcon can directly interface with the vehicle and monitor key parameters enabling you to diagnose the health of your mobile assets in order to initiate timely intervention remotely
- USB interface – Additional data acquisition devices can be connected to the Falcon, enhancing functionality for tailoring to specific requirements
Communication costs are often neglected when selecting a Telematics solution. However, choosing the wrong approach can significantly increase your operating expenditure as communication costs are second to
- Optimized Data Transmission - GPRS communication costs are billed based on the amount of data transmitted. The optimized communication protocol used by Falcon can save up to 90% in communication bills compared to protocols used by other solutions.
- Efficient Communication Control - The Falcon device only communicates with the Telematics Gateway when needed: either at a predefined time or in cases of predefined events.
Security of your vehicles and assets is of paramount importance. The Falcon solution is built to detect, prevent and report even the slightest security threat.
- Tamper Proof - Falcon housing cannot be opened without breaking it.
- Anti-spoofing algorithms -These algorithms can detect, log and report GPS/GPRS antenna disconnections, short circuits, abnormal
shutdowns, power removals or suspicious GPS network coverage issues.
- Security of Personal Information - The Falcon invehicle device does not store any personalidentification data about the owner of the mobile asset.
- Communication Security - Falcon uses a high performance encryption library, similar to that used for bank ATM transactions. This ensures the highest possible level of security of communicated information.
Installation and maintenance of telematic systems can be time consuming and problematic, making them more expensive than the device itself. These factors are addressed carefully in the Falcon system to provide themost cost-effective solution.
- Easy to Install - Falcon is easy to install anywhere in the vehicle , in any orientation.
- Remote Software Management - Distribution of new application versions, maintenance patches, incremental map updates and software services can be done over-the-air from the Telematics Gateway, eliminating the need to physically interact with Falcon in-vehicle devices.
- Availability of last working version - Falcon can roll back to the last available working version automatically, in case of any problems, ensuring that it is always available.